Meralco Bill Soaring High!

Earth oh Earth!  Aren't we supposed to be in the rainy season here in the Philippines?  Why is the weather still scourging hot?  As I write this post, time here is now at six o'clock in the afternoon and still I can feel the hot weather outside.  

The only solution is, as always, turn on the aircon and hope to alleviate the hot weather.  True enough, I feel so relaxed while feeling sad somehow.  I surely know the effect of my actions.  In fact, I already felt the effect of my daily habit.  Our Meralco Bill came the other day and... Gosh!  I've seen a 50% increase in my Meralco Bill from last month's.  Last month I was already consistently using the aircon. Now, I'm thinking; does this really happen everytime?  That, whenever we receive our April Meralco bill, it's really soaring high.

I'm sure everyone will agree with me that their Meralco bill for the month of April showed a drastic increase, too.  Poor consumers!  I just hope no corruption is taking place in Meralco because it is really so hard to accept that we are paying for a consumption that is not solidly ours.
Meanwhile, I would like to make a request to all consumers.  Let us help one another in conserving energy.  Let's help restore mother earth.  I would like to be positive; I'm sure there's still a hope in this situation.  I can't help but sigh though.



Comments