It's About Time to Start an Online Business

In the past few days I've been so obsessed in finding helpful resources on how to start a business online and I found a lot of good opportunities to hopefully engage myself in.   It's so nice to know that we can now build one without having to go through a very tedious process of operating our own business online.

Here are some examples:

1. Start Selling on eBay




eBay is not a new concept and you have probably heard of this more than 10 years ago.  However, there are a lot of strategies you can implement using this platform. You may run your online business on eBay by buying used items from a garage sale, goodwill store near you, Savers.  If you're lucky you can ask your friends to sell their old stuff for a profit.

I actually did this back in 2011 and honestly I am kinda regretting right now. I could have been more patient and could have thought of other ways to expand my business. Well, looking back I was generating good income back then.  


2. Build your own Online Store with Shopify


I am also considering this.  I learned that there are a lot of suppliers, most of them are located in China, that I can source my products from.  In just a few cents added to the item price, I can have the supplier print the product with my own brand.  Then, I can build my own store and my own label via Shopify.  I tried creating a dummy store just to test the interface and so far the interface is sooo easy- even if you're not tech savvy you should be able to build your store. 

Just a tip, when building your own brand, make sure that you should be able to promote your brand in  multiple websites, especially in social media platforms using the same name.  You can check namecheckr.com to see if a name is already taken.  Of course, after we launch our brand, we would want to promote them in either Facebook , twitter, and other sites.  




3.  Create your own Youtube channel

If you're the the type of person who would like to be in front of the camera all the time, you might as well use your hobby to build your online business.  Decide on what concept you would like to focus on your channel.  Then consistently, upload videos that could pick the interest of a lot of people.  Then, when you have already established a good number of subscribers or if you now notice that your channel is creating traction, you can probably sell items on your channel.  

There's this one channel that my child is following .  The only thing she did was make reviews on toys and at the end of each video there are merchandise posted for sale.  I bet, aside from the amount of money she gets from Youtube, she also gets a large amount from these goodies she's selling. 

Well these are just a few concepts you can probably consider.  If by any chance you get to read this post and you already have a business online, please feel free to share your thoughts and best practices.  Hopefully soon I can put these words into reality.  

I just have a strong feeling Online Business is the Business of the Future. 


Comments