And The Winner Is... ME!

The other day I wrote an article in regard to my application as a Product Trainer. At first I was hesitant to apply but finally decided to give it a try. Well, it looks like that experience was worth the try because I wasn't just an experience after all.

It has in fact become an opportunity entrusted to me. The winner is ME...I GOT THE POST! I am now a Product Trainer (in training). For all positions in our company, except agent level, we should undergo the in-training phase. This will take 3 months to have our monthly base pay adjusted.

I know the responsibilities that I will be facing are no joke at all. The department that I was previously assigned in is the most challenging. If we are able to elevate our ever struggling stats, I'm sure more opportunities will come our way.

Talking about opportunities, I am so grateful that my people and the people above me never get tired of believing and trusting in my abilities. When I talked to my agents, announcing to them my promotion, they had mixed emotions. They are happy for my growth, but I can feel that they really are sad with me leaving the team. The smiles in their faces are enough affirmation that I was a good coach to them, although I was just with them for almost two months. Who wouldn't be- I was able to bring the team to the number 1 spot. (wink) I just hope they continue to perform even though my assistance will no longer be exclusive to them.

Meanwhile, the intriguing part, Iwas informed that I wasn't everyone's bet. The other trainers didn't like me. They liked the other applicant. Unfortunately for her, I nailed my final interview. With the creative ideas I've presented and the overflowing plans I wanted to implement, the panel came to a unanimous decision. They even told me that they didn't deliberate anymore because everyone was in agreement.

What is the moral of the story here?

1. When applying, SELL SELL SELL YOURSELF!

This is one lesson I've learned when I first applied. My theory was, if you like me, then choose me. I'll just tell you who I am, and it's your job to decide. That was a wrong strategy indeed. Thus, when I applied as a Coach, I really made it a point that I shouldn't take NO for an answer. I should be the perfect position for the said post. It worked! Using the same strategy, I once again reigned, getting the Product Trainer position.

2. PASSION is the key

I love the account I am working for, no doubt about it. That's why my ideas are overflowing. When I presented my plans, they saw the twinkle in my eyes. They saw the excitement.

3. People Skill is a must

Understand what your people need, connect with them. This way, even if you'll leave them, you are proud to say that you have somehow touched their lives. That, if you're gone, what they'll talk about you are just good things.

I know there is no exact formula to success. As for me, this one formula works all the time:

Be Good and Keep it human!

Comments