A Taxi Driver's Modus

Before i left for work today, I received a message from my co-worker. He said that the route I'm taking on my way to work is experiencing heavy traffic.  Afraid to incur another attendance infraction, which of course can negatively impact my pay and work record, i hurriedly fixed myself and left home.

Half-way my trip I decided to take a cab so it's faster to reach the  office. One thing I've noticed in the taxi meter was-it wasfaster than the normal speed so I called the driver's attention and told him that something was wrong with his taxi meter. I really think he was guilty of tampering his taxi meter. He just looked at me and stayed silent, ignoring my call out.

When I reached the office, as expected my total bill was way higher than what I would regularly pay. I demanded for a receipt but he suddenly pressed the taxi meter to reset.  He said that the printer's not working.  Of course, with me so pissed, I decided to pay him a few pesos short than what his taxi meter suggested and hurriedly went out of his taxi.

Only in the Philippines!  This just frustrates me bug time because I myself am a taxi operator and drivers and operators like hom definitely bring bad PR to the industry and Philippines as a whole. Just imagine how many passengers this driver will have in just one day. If he drives everyday then count how many people he victimizes daily. Tsk! tsk! tsk!


Comments