The Trainer Position


As I write this article today, I am faced with a challenge that can make a major impact in my career. I just hope I am making a practical move, as I submit my application for the trainer position.

I am really confused. I can't deny it; I'm happy with my current position as a Product Coach. It is so rewarding. I like the feeling when I get to see my agents perform. I like to see my agents progress everyday. Imagine you are able to make non-performing agent perform or a notorious agent reforming; so fulfilling, right?

Meanwhile, what's good about being trainer? Hmm, it is recognized anywhere, regardless of the industry you belong. In the call center industry, a trainer's position is a prestigious responsibility to emrace. Although it may be very challenging, witnessing your previous trainees grow and seeing them move up the ladder, I'm sure this is enough experience that can make a trainer's task fulfilling.

I just have one hesitation. I am not an expert with those presentation techniques that trainers do on a daily basis. Imagine being asked to create a module or a presentation due in 2 hours, I don't know if I will be able to accomplish that, geee! I don't have any problems with the content; I can compete with them. I think I'll be spending half of the time deciphering how to layout my presentation.

Anyways, I just hope they'll give me a chance. I hope I'll get the position. If they'll entrust me the position, I guess that's the time I'll cross the bridge. I'm sure Mr. Youtube won't fail me with How-Tos I need to learn, particularly those Powerpoint Presentations and Module-making.

Comments