On My Way to Work

A month ago my schedule was changed, requiring me to go to work at 2 AM in the morning. I have mixed emotions when going to work everyday. First, I have to worry about my safety; second, I have to worry for my prompt arrival; third, I have to worry about my trip as I ride the jeep.

Although on a daily basis, when I get out of my house I see bystanders hanging around, talking amongst each other, I still get paranoid by their presence. I ask myself are they selling prohibited drugs or are they high on marijuana. Most often than not, the most obvious reason I get based on observation is that they're having a drinking session.

Well, I still have all the reason to be scared right? Once in a while we hear stories about call center agents killed on their way to their office. Knock on the wood! I'm sure my guardian angel is seriously doing his task of guiding me safe as I go to work everyday.

Here's the funny thing, my husband attached a whistle on my ID. I asked, what's this for? He said, "if you get hold-up all you have to do is whistle to get attention from other people, so they'll rescue you." Thus, everytime my co-workers would ask me about the whistle attached on my ID, and they hear my explanation, they can't help but laugh. "You have a point," they say.

Second, as mentioned, I am always worried about my adherence. I don't want to be late. I hate the idea of being reprimanded because of this. It is such a waste of time. Reason why? This is something one can control- not unless I want some attention.

Meanwhile, the challenge I always get everyday is my 'almost' late arrival everyday. You know what, I am tempted to just call MGE taxi to fetch me. Big but is- it would be expensive to ride a taxi every night- heller!

Lastly, I have to worry about my trip. Last night was the fastest trip I ever had while riding a jeep. The fastest record I had in the past was 7 mins. Last night was amazing; from Guadalupe, it took the driver just 3 minutes to reach Buendia Makati Ave. Good because I need not rush to log-in immediately. I still had the chance to comb my so tangled-hair. Meanwhile, the trip early this morning made me pray the Angel's prayer 3x. It really got me scared to death. Important lesson I learned: I have to pray more consistently.

That was a reality bite on my end. That, we really have no control over the things around us. Even we do the extra mile to be careful with our actions- for the sake of our safety, some people just don't care. That's why in just a snap of a finger, lives may be lost. I learned my lesson, I hope others realizes this, too.

Have a safe trip everyone. Always stay safe. Let's not stop praying; let's be more consistent with it.


Comments