I Want A New Crib

Today I was so tired. We transferred our stuff to our new home. My boyfriend was trying to save a little cash so we didn't hire any van to transfer our things from the old house to the new house. So, the result is, here I am feeling every inch of my body in pain.

Meanwhile, if you will ask me, were all the aches and pains worth it? Oh boy, yes exactly! I have a strong feeling that I will love my new home. It has a good ventilation. There is substantial air circulating in and out of our little mansion.

For the longest time I felt and savored the cool breeze as it touches my skin. For four long years, we managed to live in a small studio type with just one window, fronting another wall. As a matter of fact, just today I talked to one of my next-door neighbors. I told her, we are not prisoners but with our present situation here, we are paying them to make ourselves prisoners.

If you live in Manila Philippines you will understand. Getting a good house to rent here is hard. Just yesterday, a timely news on rent control law came. Government is warning landlords to control their pricing. That, they should not have more than 7% increase on their rents per year. In line with this, I just wish that my landlady will not increase her rent after a year because this is a true sacrifice for me. With my new house, I will be paying Php 2,000.00 more per month but that's okay. After all, I work hard to earn money and so I deserve to have a good place to rest after a long and tiring day. Therefore, everything is worth it.

Comments